- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 loaf homemade whole wheat bread, cut into slices
- Combine first 4 ingredients.
- Blending well with a fork or mixing briefly in a blender.
- Cut each or your bread slices into 4 strips.
- Dip strips into mixture making sure you coat them completely with egg mixture.
- Put them on a cookie sheet that has been heavily sprayed with a cooking spray like Pam. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and bake bread for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Turn bread over and continue baking about 3-5 minutes longer.. you want them to be just nicely golden brown.
- You can eat them warm off the grill with butter and maple syrup or flash freeze them and store in a Ziploc bag.
- They can be reheated for a very quick breakfast or snack.
- I've also just made french toast on the griddle & cut them into 4 sticks.