- 2 1/2 to 3 c. flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (I used canola oil)
- Filling of your choice - we just used shredded mozzarella cheese
- Spaghetti Sauce of choice
- Place 2 1/2 c. flour in a bowl, make a well in the center.
- In another bowl mix eggs and oil. Pour into flour well.
- Stir together, forming a ball.
- Knead on a floured surface, until smooth and elastic (8-10 minutes) using additional flour if needed.
- Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 4 parts. Roll 1 portion to 1/16in. thickness (keep remaining dough covered)
- Working quickly, place rounded teaspoonfuls of filling 1 inch apart over half of the dough. Brush around filling with beaten egg, if desired.
- Fold sheet over, press down edges to seal.
- Cut into squares, sealing additional edges.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bring large kettle of salted water to boil. Add ravioli.
- Reduce heat to gentle simmer. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until ravioli floats to top and are tender. Drain.
- Serve with spaghetti sauce or favorite topping.
This isn't hard to make at all! Don't be fooled, you can make homemade noodles easily! The filling possibilities are endless: cheese/spinach, mushroom, meats, herbs, etc. I also made it early in the afternoon, refrigerating it. Then heated it up at supper time in a pot of spaghetti sauce.
We have a family of 6, so I made a double batch. Plenty!