- 2 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 2/3 c. chopped onion
- 2 cans (15 oz each) enchilada sauce
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can tomato soup
- 20 flour tortillas (8") room temperature
- 2 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, plus additional cheese for top
- Cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat in no longer pink; drain.
- Combine enchilada sauce and soups; pour about 1 cup each into two un-greased 9x13.
- Stir 1 1/2 c. sauce into beef mixture; set remaining sauce aside.
- Spoon 1/4 c. beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 2 Tbsp. cheese.
- Roll up tightly; place 10 enchiladas seam side down in each dish.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake one pan at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with additional cheese, bake another 5-10 minutes (until cheese melts)
Cover and freeze remaining pan. To use: thaw in refrigerator overnight; bake as directed.
Yields: 2 - 9x13 pans (10 enchiladas each)