- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16oz) can chili beans
- 1 (16oz) can black beans
- 1 (15oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid oz) can beer ~or water~
- 2 (10oz) cans diced tomatoes w/green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1.25oz) pkg taco seasoning **
- 3 whole skinless, boneless, chicken breasts
- shredded Cheddar cheese (opt)
- sour cream (opt)
- crushed Tortilla chips (opt)
- Place onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer/water and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for Low heat, cover and cook for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from the soup, allow to cool and then shred. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup and continue cooking for 2 hours.
- Serve topped with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips, if desired.
1 Tb chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper