- 2 Bunches carrots (I use how many ever I want if a lot I double the sauce) – I salt the water & I cook the carrots in that (can used bagged carrots and cut the bigger one’s in smaller pieces or use regular carrots and cut in chunks and cook)
- ¼ cup cooking liquid from carrots (don’t dump it down the drain!!!)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 1 T. horseradish
- Sprinkle in some onion powder or used minced onions
- Topping: ¼ cup fine cracker crumbs
- Cook Carrots in salted water, drain EXCEPT for saving ¼ or ½ for the sauce depending on how big a batch you are making. (I usually use a little more liquid)
- Place in casserole dish.
- Combine Mayonnaise, cooking liquid, onion or onion powder, horseradish, and mix well,
- Pour over the carrots.
- Sprinkle with crumbs.
- Bake 375 til hot through or however hot your oven is adjust the cooking time. Don’t cover, crumbs may get soggy!