Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Carrot Casserole

Ingredients:

  • 2 Bunches carrots (I use how many ever I want if a lot I double the sauce) – I salt the water & I cook the carrots in that (can used bagged carrots and cut the bigger one’s in smaller pieces or use regular carrots and cut in chunks and cook)
  • ¼ cup cooking liquid from carrots (don’t dump it down the drain!!!)
  • ½ cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
  • 1 T. horseradish
  • Sprinkle in some onion powder or used minced onions
  • Topping: ¼ cup fine cracker crumbs

Directions:

  1. Cook Carrots in salted water, drain EXCEPT for saving ¼ or ½ for the sauce depending on how big a batch you are making. (I usually use a little more liquid)
  2. Place in casserole dish.
  3. Combine Mayonnaise, cooking liquid, onion or onion powder, horseradish, and mix well,
  4. Pour over the carrots.
  5. Sprinkle with crumbs.
  6. Bake 375 til hot through or however hot your oven is adjust the cooking time. Don’t cover, crumbs may get soggy!

No comments: