- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp. cold coffee
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. dry instant coffee
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa
- 8 oz. cool whip
- Separate eggs, beat the whites until stiff.
- Mix the egg yolks and sugar then beat.
- Add coffee and fold in the dry ingredients, then the whites.
- Bake in 2- 8" round pans 20-25 minutes at 350. Cool.
To make frosting:
- Beat 1st 4 ingredients then add cool whip.
- frost between layers & outside of cake.