- 1 c. flour
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Assorted fresh fruit: strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, oranges, etc.
- In a bowl beat the egg, buttermilk and butter.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except fresh fruit, just until moistened.
- To form each wing, pour 2 Tbsp batter onto a greased, hot griddle. Pour 1 Tbsp batter below and touching the larger one.
- Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.
- Place two wings on plate to form butterfly. Decorate with fresh fruit as desired.
Makes 5 butterfly pancakes. Feel free to use your favorite pancake recipe or box mix instead.