- 1 pkg (16 oz) bow tie pasta
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 c. chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 c. butter, cubed
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 c. frozen peas
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in large pan cook chicken and red pepper in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes; until chicken juices run clear.
- Stir in soup, peas, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 1-2 minutes (or until heated through).
- Stir in Parmesan cheese; add drained pasta
- Toss to coat.
- Serve half of mixture immediately. Freeze other half. (*A 9x13 works fine to serve entire recipe)
To serve frozen casserole: thaw in fridge overnight. Transfer to un-greased shallow 3 qt microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes (until heated through) stirring once.
Makes 2 casseroles (6 servings each)