- 8 oz uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 lb cooked kielbasa or smoke polish sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 jar (4-1/2 oz) sliced mushrooms, optional
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 T butter
- 1 T cornstarch (I subbed 2 T flour)
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas (I used green beans)
- 1 cup (4 oz ) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to pkg. Meanwhile in a large skillet, saute the sausage, mushrooms & garlic in the butter.
- Combine cornstarch (or flour) and milk until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 mins or until thickened (takes longer to thicken with flour than cornstarch)
- Drain pasta; add to sausage mixture. Stir in peas/beans & cheese; cook until cheese is melted.
Yield: 4 servings