This is an awesome recipe from the book, A Homemade Life. This is a great read if you enjoy recipes and the memories they can have!
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter (I used salted just fine!)
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (from about 3 lg ripe bananas)
- 1/4 cup well-stirred whole-milk yogurt (I use my low-fat homemade yogurt just fine!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease a standard size loaf pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a small bowl, microwave butter until just melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add the chocolate chips and ginger and whisk well to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a fork. Add the mashed banana, yogurt, melted butter and vanilla and stir to mix well. Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredients and stir gently, scraping down sides as needed, until just combined. Do not overmix. The batter will be thick and somewhat lumpy. Pour into prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake until a deep shade of golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 50 min to 1 hour.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Then tip out onto a cooling rack to cool.