- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/4 c. cocoa
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. water
- 3/4 c. oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. chopped nuts, optional
- Mix together the cake ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix the filling ingredients together, except the choc. chips and nuts.
- Stir in choc. chips and nuts.
- Can place either in cupcake liners or greased 9x13 pan.
- If using cupcakes, fill about 2/3 full of cake mixture, then drop about 1 Tbsp of filling on top.
- If using a 9x13, spread all the cake mixture on the bottom, drop spoonfuls of the filling on top. Using a knife, cut through the filling and cake to 'marble it' slightly.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 for cupcakes, slightly longer for cake.