- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- With a sharp knife, make cuts 1/2 in. apart in each potato, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Fan the potatoes slightly.
- Place each on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square).
- Insert onions and butter between potato slices.
- Sprinkle with celery, salt, oregano, garlic powder and pepper.
- Fold foil around potatoes and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 40-45 minutes or until tender. (You can microwave the potatoes alittle before slicing them to cut down on the grill time)
Yield: 6 servings