- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (1/2 cup wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled (this is a lot. I used ¾ cup melted)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2-3 bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Combine: flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon in bowl set aside.
- Combine: sugars, and butter and beat with mixer till well blended.
- Add applesauce, eggs, and vanilla beat with mixer till smooth.
- Add bananas with mix and mash by hand or with mixer.
- Stir in flour mixture till just combined.
- Stir in oats.
- Pour into greased pan.
- Bake till golden brown, about 20-30 minutes depending on oven.
- Cool and cut into squares.
I consider this more a cake than bars like it was originally called. Great for a snack, kind of like a muffin.