- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) cake mix of your choice
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 48 nacho tortilla chips, broken
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- Assorted candies: yellow gumdrops, miniature marshmallows, pink Nerds candies and red Air Heads candies
- Prepare and bake cake batter according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely.
- Using a star tip, pipe frosting on cupcakes.
- Use pointed tips of tortilla chips for cat ears and pretzel sticks for whiskers.
- Slice gumdrops. For each eye, press a gumdrop slice onto a marshmallow.
- Add Nerds candies for noses.
- Cut Air Heads candies into mouth shapes; position on cupcakes.
Yield: 2 dozen.